Hey Space Boggers!
Are you ready to play Space Game? Here’s how it goes. We are taking a tour of the Solar System that is slightly unusual in two ways. First off, it’s a virtual tour. That’s right – we’re traveling by internet. Second, you’re blind-folded. Well, sort of…you can’t see where you’re going until you get there; then you have to guess where you are. That’s the game part. On day 1 (that’s today!) you get to see the first view of your location. If you’re ready to start, jump on board!
Great! You made it just in time for the landing. Get ready to take off your blindfold and see ‘Destination One’.
Any ideas yet? Here’s a hint: move your mouse over the picture for more information. Click on ‘Leave a Comment’ below if you want to talk it over with other Space Bloggers, ask a question, or of course, make a guess. There’s no rush. I’ll post another clue tomorrow.
There are a few of rules (more like guidelines) listed below. They will always be available by clicking on ‘Space Game Rules!’ in the header at the top of the page.
- Destinations may be any important body or structure between the sun and Pluto, such as planets, dwarf planets, moons, comets, the asteroid belt, and the Kuiper belt. Every destination will be well known. No tricks!
- You can guess up to three times at each destination (unless you really want to guess more and then its okay).
- Include at least one reason why you made that guess (unless you really don’t want to).
- You can ask questions, which I will answer if I can do so without giving away the destination.
- Space Bloggers are free to answer each other’s questions, and share their ideas.
- There is no limit to the number of kids who can guess ‘right’. You are part of a nearly infinite set of clever human kids.
- Please include your school name (but not your own real name) so I can announce the number of good guesses from your school.